All non-urgent maintenance requests must be submitted in writing to Gerard Collins Real Estate by either mail or email.
To submit a Maintenance Request by email, please send the particulars to Melissa, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can mail or fax your request to:
Address: 119 Main Street, Pakenham VIC 3810
To help us respond to your problem quickly, please provide complete details about your maintenance issue.
Urgent Maintenance Requests
Contact Gerard Collins Real Estate directly for any urgent maintenance issues in the event of an emergency.
Maintenance that affects health, safety or essential security of our tenants is given priority.
What about Urgent Repairs?
Urgent repairs are where there is an immediate health, safety or security risk or where the property will be further damaged if works if are not carried out quickly.
The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 distinguishes between urgent and non-urgent repairs. Under the Act, urgent repairs in a rental property are:
- burst water service
- blocked or broken toilet system
- serious roof leak
- gas leak
- dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
- failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
- any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
- an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
- a serious fault in a lift or staircase.
More information available at Consumer Affairs Victoria.